Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ispirazione: una sfilza di ricerca cofano

I'm taking a millinery class through the theatre department this semester, which is really exciting and I'm so glad I get to learn it.  Our most recent project is to do a bonnet as per the 1800's.  Now, I'm not particularly fond of bonnets myself, but here's my research.





Okay, so when I say I don't like bonnets, I mean every one but this one.  This thing is from 1808, it's in the Victoria & Albert museum in London, and I think it's fantastic.  I want to make a pattern for it, modify it for the 21st century, and have it as my winter hat.  That's how much I'm excited for it.







*Note- I don't have any source information for any of my "inspiration" photos.  I yank them from the 'net this way because they're really just for me to look at.  If you have the info, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment