Sunday, July 31, 2011

quel poco che sono stato fino a

With no job, no studio, and a limited number of supplies, I haven't really been up to much. I have however been trying to keep myself busy and my mind active, so here's what I've got:

 This is confusing. let me explain. So I have all these plywood shelves all over my walls, because I live in a living room. I also have a lot of that crappy soft hanging storage for shoes or hats or whatever you can get at cvs or target. So I Wired these little plastic hook things from some wire shelves (it's okay, I know you're lost, it doesn't really matter) to the underside of a shelf to hang the storage from. It works brilliantly and that's all you need to know really.

 I also have a surplus of one-foot-wide plywood strips originally intended for shelving, and a complete lack of side tables. So I designed this nightstand, which I shall build once my wood glue shows up and I can borrow a hand saw. Building my furniture out of scrap reminds me very much of Erik from studio, except that mine will still be made of crap because I don't know what I'm doing.
 In other news I went on a Lady Gaga music video binge at 3am the other night and designed a hat, a pair of gloves, and did a fierce photoshoot for my 365.

There are a few unrelated things on that glove page- a terrible ring design, and an Inuit knife I saw in a documentary. 




Garlic rolls! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment