Monday, May 17, 2010

Uncinetto Polso Scaldini

Double post day!  The silence of the last two weeks was due to everything ever being due at once.  Since that time has now past, I get to show just what I've been up to.



I started these back in April with the caveat that I may only work on them in my art history class.  It kept me awake, and now I've got some lovely crochet done.


These were from a pattern, which I had to modify to accommodate my tiny wrists, and then added a modified trim, because nothing is ever pretty enough for me.



Saturday I bought several pieces of kinda broken furniture from the thrift store for a total of $20.  For another $20 I got everything I needed to fix them and went to it.  I got a coffee table with an unpardonably ugly top, which I promptly tacked wooden place mats to, which reminded me rather of Trading Spaces, but what can you do.  I also got a charming side table who's drawer came in 3 pieces, and a couple of chairs who's legs were coming apart.  There's nothing quite like fixing things to feel accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment