Monday, May 24, 2010

Luminarium Membrana Piscis

Today's title is Latin instead of Italian.  It's the name of this piece and thus seemed appropriate.  This is my collaboration project from my Electronics in Sculpture class.  Honestly, I think it's pretty ugly and should have stayed a concept in my sketchbook, but the prof seemed to like it, so I said nothing.

Here's the plexi form put together and wired up.  It's kind of challenging to photograph clear things.

Aaaand then we shrink-wrapped it in a shower curtain.  For real.  I'm kind of ashamed of this, and I'm pretty sure it got uglier the more we did to it.
Here's the mess of electronics before I wadded it together and encased it in an electrical tape chrysalis.

And now, the fruits of our labor.


Doesn't it look infinitely better in the dark?

No comments:

Post a Comment