Monday, January 4, 2010

Fantascienza e il Design della Moda

Science Fiction and Fashion Design

I've always loved both, and tie them together whenever I can. Fortunately it seems legit designers are doing the same thing these days so I don't seem like such a crazy right now. I'm hoping to get as many things built this months as I possibly can before I go back to school and another semester of double metals classes.

I'm really pleased with these two tops. The one on the bottom is all but completed, it just needs a foundation so it'll stay that way on a moving body. The middle design will be done in this amazing fabric I picked up in Paris a year ago.


The top here is how I've finally resolved to rebuild an old 1/2 sleeve tshirt that's gotten streched and uninteresting, but has the most fantastic print. I've already tried to build the armadillo hat in the top left, but it looks like you're wearing a bunch of tams on top of each other, which is both unfortunate and stupid. The hat on the bottom, however, has me so excited to get building you wouldn't believe.



Some belt designs and jacket mods I sketched when I was supposed to be coming up with a jewellery concept for class.



The Jacket Page! Probably my favourite page of my sketchbook. I've got the first draft of a pattern for the one in the bottom right corner, but still no fabric for it!



None of this is getting built, but I still think that dress is pretty badass.


No comments:

Post a Comment