Thursday, January 7, 2010

In Corso

I've been working on a lot of things in the past few days. Since I'm going to Florida to visit my Nana on Sunday I've been trying to get most of my sewing projects done before then. Today wasn't all that productive, on account of free day over at Sparkfun today. I was so excited I didn't really sleep last night, and after I failed to get a bunch of free electronics, I took a nap. Here's what I've got done in the past few days:


This one has been at this stage for quite a while now. Something about building foundations is just not interesting.
Yeah! The white shirt had gotten stretched and ill fitting from use, so now it's rebuilt. I'm really excited on account of this turning out the first time 'round.
First foray into millinery. I did finish this hat, but it is full of fail. On the upside, my completely improvised starching solution works!
This is what I did today. What you see is the third prototype collar for this. I really liked the collar from the Star Trek movie which child Spock has on, and that's what I"m attempting here. I think if I cut an inch off the top all the way around and change the angle of the front edge it'll work out nicely. It's hard to tell with only one layer of fabric though, it's just so flopsy. Oh, and this shirt is getting a bottom, don't worry, I'm not making a cropped jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment