Friday, March 26, 2010

Resoconto Idee per un Progetto in Ritardo

I've been massively neglecting my casting class and its related projects. After a night of crazed sketching I came up with this idea. The parameters are to use a mold to replicate a part at least five times, make a piece which is wearable and cognizant of weight, and which also deals with the theme of protection. This is Stacy's idea of an open project.


This is actually an idea I've had for a bit. It's a customised dust mask made of leather and brass mesh with a pocket bit on the insides to hold cut pieces of standard dust mask to change out as required. The problem with normal ones is that they are huge. My face is not and despite everything I do I stretch my jaw to keep them in place and after a bit this hurts rather a lot. So this is the solution: if I have to modify it at all, I might as well go all out.

My cast bits will be as seen on the right side- small decorative bits which will be attached to larger vine-like decorative bits (all to be cast as one) and riveted onto the mask proper. I also plan to cast a buckle for the back.

Now to do it all in 2 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment