Thursday, April 15, 2010

Il Giorno Peggiore da Ieri

This is the image I've just sent to NASA's art contest.  Everything for that was due today, so this week has been absolute death for me.  The LEDs at the end of the tubes simply refuse to happen, it's driving me crazy.  My brother came to studio last night to help me with these until we gave up 'round 1am.  Today I called in two other favors- a writer for my statement, and a graphic designer to take and edit the photos.  The list of people I owe cookies/metalwork is growing quickly.


Here's how not to do SMT soldering, despite what Make, Instructables, and the rest of the internets may tell you.  These are now black and dead.  Had to rebuild them with the iron anyway.

The Metals! 10 show opened tonight, which my parents came to.  I showed them my studio and my recent projects so of course my dad wanted to see these on and take photos.  I like that everything for this piece is behind me- moon image and initial sketches.

Also, Frankie was told about this blog, which I wasn't planning on telling him about until I graduated, so here's hoping he doesn't come find it or I'll have to start all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment