Friday, April 30, 2010

Un Paio di Cose Sconnesse

First, I have so many images to dumb that I'm STILL putting off the description of the fork spoon project.  You'll live.  Here's the wax for the fork bit.


Hurrah!  Cast and completely gross.


Had to fill some holes in it and a crack I hadn't seen in the wax, but now it's pretty and shiny, and yes,  I lined that altoid tin in fur.


Finally cast my Han Solo.  He's pretty pocky, I'm really not sure what happened, since he was cast in almost all new metal.  Also I'm half convinced his legs got thicker, even though that's impossible.


Took some lovely images of my finished dust mask so I could enter it into a book on protection and ornament.  If it gets in, I'll be published!


Finally, here be the finished eye cup tops for the arctic eyewear.  (Did I talk about that?  Probably not...)  They've gone to the silver platers today, so I get to build the rest of it blind.  

2 comments:

  1. That dust mask is gorgeous!! And I've never seen such a swanky altoids tin in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! And congrats on posting the first comment on this blog EVAR. I gasped a little when I saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete