Saturday, April 3, 2010

Piccole Cose di Interesse

A few random shots from studio.  Honestly, I haven't done much of anything this week.  Working ridiculous overtime last week completely burned me out.

I dipped the LEDs for my second eyewear project in resin to give them a more domed shape, but unfortunately I dipped them when the resin was still too runny, so I'll have to do them again later.


I decked my eye cup shapes (which I fortunately formed weeks ago when I was bored with the deep sea ones) on Thursday, which took the entire day and ended with a melted edge.  This accidental heat patina was so beautiful/interesting I had to take a photo before pickling it away.


Decking took me so long I didn't get the insides cut out until 11.30pm, and only one of them is filed 'round the outside edge.  At least my plexi lenses fit!  One is quite snug, as you can see.

And this actually happened before all that metal whats-its, but side projects should always be of lesser importance to the main ones, even though they do keep one sane.  This is the first in a pair of fingerless gloves that will match a hat my mom knitted for me for xmas.  I'll probably have to take it all out and modify the pattern though, since these are a good deal larger than my wrist.

No comments:

Post a Comment