Sunday, June 13, 2010

Kimono in Tessuto e Calzature Costruzione



Today my dad sent me this video on recycling and ridiculously beautiful shoes.



Which lead my to this man's fascinating videos on shoe construction.

Now couple these new seeds of project ideas with my new stash of kimono fabric brought from Japan by my dear friend Tory and in inherent need to make everything ever- and you get sketches like this:


Obviously I'm still completely obsessed with the lathe.  I'd like to turn the heels in aluminium and anodize them an aqua blue to contrast the orange silk.  I think I'll also do the interiors in aqua suade (a material/colour combination I never would have thought to be a good idea).  Normally the insides are the smooth side of the leather, but I really hate that.  If you wear stockings you slide about for ever.  And no stockings dooms you to cold sticky feet all day long.  I've never understood the material choices on shoe interiors.

Now all I need is to figure out how shoe patterns are made, and to probably get a set of foot blocks or something, as well as access to the lathe and anodizing things again (why isn't it September yet???). 

Oh, and I guess some shoe-making skills would be good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment